- Reading Unit 1
- Social Studies
- Classroom Notes
- Compass Learning
Social Studies Inventions Project: Paper Bag Invention
Task: Invent something out of a paper bag.
1. It must be something new and creative. Use your creativity to create something new or add to an object that has already been invented.
2. It must solve a problem. That is, it must serve a purpose. Note: The purpose can NOT be “to have an invention to turn in”!
3. Although the paper bag must be the main part, you may add other things to it.
4. You may cut, tear, glue, or tape the paper bag.
4. You must bring your invention to school to share with the class.
5. On an index card, write the name of your invention, your name, and a short paragraph telling what it is used for or how it is used.
Due date: Wednesday, November 3
Scoring guide (This counts as a test grade.)
_____1. Invention is creative and new. (25 points)
_____2. Invention uses a paper bag as the main part. (25 points)
_____3. Oral presentation to the class is made in a clear voice loud enough to be heard at the back of the room, with eye contact. Presentation should not be read from the card. (25 points)
_____4. Index card has the title of your invention, your name, and a short paragraph that clearly tells what problem it solves and how it is used. The paragraph should be written neatly with very few errors in spelling, grammar, or punctuation. (25 points)